Pages

Sunday 4 December 2011

What Are You Passionate About?


I was reading about successful people and the root of their successes. The common denominator between all of them is they have a passion for what they have succeeded in. They do it for the love of it. Money is not necessarily a motivating factor, but because they have a deep love for what they are engaged in, they make money anyway!

You see I too want to succeed in doing something that I love. I have been thinking and thinking and I am still not 100% sure what I am passionate about. This is something I have toiled with for as long as I can remember. However now more than ever, I feel like it is very important that I discover what makes me tick, floats my boat and provides me with joy. Something that can be my job that I love so much that it is not like a job at all. Are there some of us that just do not ever have a passion? I hope not!

I love to write, I love music, I would say I am passionate about them both. I certainly know that I am not passionate about my profession. I like what I do, and it bodes well with me, however I am far from passionate about it.

Nevertheless, there is definitely a missing link. I know that I have something, I just need to go deep enough and find it. Maybe it is writing, why do I think that it is not? Do you have to make money out of it for it to be what you are passionate about?

As I write this I think I have realised what the issue is...I am trying to link my passion to a career, when they do not have to be one in the same! I just need to pursue the things that I love doing, they can be hobbies they do not have to be how I make a living right?

Maybe I should simply continue to explore further. I am always trying something. A new language, a sport, a new club or society. Perhaps that will help who knows.

In the meantime, I will continue writing and being at one with music. Hmmmmm maybe I do know what I am passionate about after all.

Love & Happiness.

Scr1be

No comments:

Post a Comment