Pages

Saturday 24 September 2011

Citius Altius Fortius - "Faster, Higher, Stronger" (Olympic Games motto)

Whatever we are doing, we can do better!  Do we always make the effort we are capable of? No! 
  

Complacency can lead to inefficiency and merely settling in a momentum of doing ok is not fulfilling your potential. Now you may want to be mediocre and if so then that's ok but not many of us would confess to wanting to amount to nothing.


I met an interesting woman who came to the bar I was at with friends yesterday.  She was alone sitting opposite where I was standing, and at a glance I could see her looking my way at regular intervals.  Eventually we got talking and she was hilariously funny. We exchanged numbers vowing to meet again.  I don't know if we will but I hope so.


It was a great evening.  During our conversation she mentioned her global travels with work and recounted interesting events that had us laughing loudly.   I commented that it was great that she had done so much and lived in so many places.  She then replied that it was a natural thing for her to do and the idea of people wasting their talents and doing nothing annoyed her.  She said she would hate to be someone that amounted to nothing.  


That resonated with me and I totally agree. I think hate is a bit strong but I do feel it is a pity when we don't try our best. With life being so short do we not owe it to ourselves to strive? Is it ok to exist with no end goals?   Not just to earn a living, goals to make your life a better one.

The Olympic Games motto is: Citius Altius Fortius  which means "Faster, Higher, Stronger" .


I think we could all benefit from being a little Citius Altius Fortius.


I am work in progress with regards to my journey to be the best me.  There are so many facets of me that it gets difficult at times.


As the title of this blog indicates, I want to be a Better Mother, Employee, Partner, Sister, Daughter, and Friend.  Above all I want to be better to me....I find it difficult to be the best at all of these things all of the time, but I can try and I will not give up!  


1 comment:

  1. @BaileyAna - please can you resend that comment? It disappeared. Appreciate it. Thanks x

    ReplyDelete