Pages

Sunday 18 September 2011

Make It Possible.

It is always impossible until it is done - Nelson Mandela.  This is my current mantra.  

There is so much I want to do and often times I just do not seem to be able to achieve it all.  I feel like I am not managing my time effectively to get it all done.   Pretty ironic considering my profession is incumbent upon managing time.

 I seem to get some things done, other days most things done, but I want to get all things done.  Is this possible?  Probably not.  

I  do realise that I can be pretty hard on myself and try to remember that Rome was not built in a day.  Regardless, how do you manage your time to feel satisfied that you have done all you can do and not have an overwhelming feeling that it is impossible?

1) Make a list of goals. This provides a sense of clarity.

2) Prioritise these goals.  This can catapult you from being drowned in a sentiment of disorder to a feeling of being more organized.

3) Be realistic and manage your expectations. This will help you to set goals that are achievable as opposed to those befitting a Superhero.

4) Break your goals down into achievable portions. By minimizing the things you need to do at a given time you can get more done.

5)Praise yourself when you do achieve, as it motivates you to continue.

With that, one of my goals was to have an early night so that I can feel rested and ready to give my all next week.

Any other tips you have on making the impossible possible, please let me know.

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment