Pages

Sunday 13 November 2011

Don't worry be happy.


I read an article this week that Bobby Mcferrin's song of this title is 23 years old. How time flies...

That is a such timeless feel good song.  The tune, the words, and the sentiment behind it all make you feel good. Above all, it is sound advice... 'Don't worry, be happy!'

Kids and adults alike love this song,  and when you sing it you cannot help feeling happy (I write with a smile). Listen: Don't worry be happy.

I am the world's biggest worrier. If there is something you need worrying about, call on me I have it covered.  It is for this reason I am hellbent on seeking happiness and feeling good about life. As this worrying business serves no positive purpose.  I have learnt the hard way, worry is a silent killer and should be avoided at all costs.  

There is a subtle difference between being concerned and the woes of worry.  Concern is ok. Showing an interest, being engaged and connected, I get that.  However the worry thing really is not cool at all.

Worry plagues us with torment and anxiety.  It leads to an inability to deal with emotions appropriately and  raises our stress to uncomfortable levels.  Instead maybe we should take the opposite approach to worrying.  Stay calm, feel reassured and as the other Bob (Marley) says.... 'Don't Worry About A Thing Cause Every Little Thing's Gonna Be Alright...'

You see, everything will be alright in the end and if it is not alright it is not the end. 

I personally hand my worries over to God.  I literally in my mind package them up and hand them over, turn my back and leave them behind.  Sometimes I take a little too long to do so, but when I do it is so elevating. It leaves me with a feeling of relief and salvation.

However for those of you that don't believe in God simply take the staying calm and reassured stance.  Then sing one of the Bobs' songs, be patient and it will all be ok in the end.

Love & Happiness Scr1be

No comments:

Post a Comment