Pages

Monday 14 November 2011

Get Up and Shut Up?


When times are tough and you don't know how you are going to get through, what do you do?

There is an anonymous adage that is infamous ~ "Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, its about learning how to dance in the rain." I absolutely love this quote.

This blog is about my journey seeking happiness and what I have learnt along the way. It enables me to share with you the things that have helped me to be stronger. It's about the mistakes that I have made and overcome, and generally a means of expressing my thoughts, and experiences.

The above quote is one of the greatest things I have learnt on this journey. It has allowed me to be able to move forward against odds, go for things anyway and has been a catalyst for me achieving many goals when all I wanted to do was nothing and feel sorry for myself.

I have a tendency to over-worry and to create my own personal crisis out of situations that are seemingly less hectic than I believe them to be. You see I have a vivid imagination. Give me a sentence and I can evoke a hardback novel. Yes indeed, I can make a mountain out of a mole hill. Now I have it under control for the most part, however in order to do so I have to remember to check in and ask myself - is the amount of concern I have warranted?

What helps me is by doing the above, by getting up, getting on and doing things regardless of obstacles. How do you handle unwanted situations that life deals you? Make a choice to go with the flow (acceptance and go with your flow ~ as my mantra says) it gives way to easing the anxiety and enables you to get where you are heading regardless.

We have choices, we can passively wait for the storm to pass and not progress, or we can actively weather the storm and make moves forward. I know which one I feel better doing.

It all comes back to facing fears and going for it anyway. When times are tough, when things are not going according to plan and you feel like you are drowning in the storm, choose to make good of the bad situation and learn to dance in the rain.

Blessings...

No comments:

Post a Comment