Pages

Monday 11 July 2011

Mind Over Matter - If You Don't Mind It Don't Matter!

Why is it that one can go to work everyday and be fine, and as soon as they are on leave, they get sick?  I left work Friday evening and have had the flu since.  In 30 degree heat, it isn't pretty!


Nevertheless even though I have had to self medicate in order to breathe I have come here to get things done so I have to apply 'Mind Over Matter'.


Vietnam is a cool place to visit.  Having been here 5 times, I am used to it for the most part, but I will never get used to the dog eating (see the before and after pics below,) and I am almost certain that one beef dish I had was not beef (tasted good though). 




I have managed to meet all my suppliers and I am patiently awaiting my samples.  I even forgot I had the flu. It didn't matter.


You see I have to think beyond the menial deterrents.  I could have easily stayed in bed and rested, but I have a 7 year plan.  In 7 years I am retiring.  Financial freedom - chilling in my beach house.  At least one mortgage paid and enjoying life. Most of all achieving this while remaining content.  That's the goal.  Yes many people pay lip service but I AM doing this!  I aim to do this while always giving back.  Even if it is volunteering like I do now.


How I am going to achieve that goal has varied over the years (it started as a 10 year plan), but I will get there.  I feel more mentally prepared now and know that at least one of my ventures will get me there.


I aspire to not have to work as hard as my mother did to provide us with all the great things we had growing up.  In saying that, I think I may have to work as hard but for quicker and better returns.  I know that nothing ventured, nothing gained and expecting great things to be handed to me on a silver platter is comfort to a fool.


I also have to strike a balance and relax too - stress is a killer.  Literally.  So in saying that I am off for a round of golf with Honey.  I say round of golf as if I have had any clue, but playing golf has been a dream of mine for years so I am really looking forward to it.


I aim to hit the ball at least once and I will be happy.  See how it goes.

1 comment:

  1. Can't wait to be a Tai Tai, right? ... Ha ha ha :-))

    ReplyDelete