Pages

Thursday 13 October 2011

GUEST BLOG - Prepare To Fly...






"You can chase a butterfly all over the field and never catch it. But if you sit quietly in the grass it will come and sit on your shoulder."
I am very excited (and nervous) to be doing my first guest appearance on this inspirational blog. When I was first asked, I thought "What on earth am I going to say?" and then the theme of butterfly cookies came to me. Butterflies need no introduction, they are real life fairy tales, the Unicorns in our midst. They teach us about life, transformation and rebirth: that although we may start out crawling on the floor, we can finish soaring in the sky.

"How does one become a butterfly?" she asked. You must want to fly so much that you are willing to give up being a caterpillar."

As romantic as butterflies are, I am not one. I will not go into hiding one day and  later emerge as a completely different creature wooing the world with my beauty, only to die days later. Instead, my metamorphosis is a collection of small and steady changes. Day by day, I grow and mature, but fundamentally I am still me.


For me this means that I need to cherish the present rather than long for that fine day when I can be someone, somewhere or something else. It means that I need to fly everyday whether or not I feel I've arrived. It means that the destination is now.

I'll leave you with this simple quote that I think sums it up nicely;

'Cherish your yesterdays and dream your tomorrows, but most importantly, don't forget to live today'

Peace and Love
xx

Bailey Ana is based in Essex and London, UK and has a blog 'Eat, Pray, Bake' . She also provides cakes and sweet treats for parties, birthdays and corporate events. Contact details can be found on her blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment