Pages

Wednesday 17 August 2011

Fearless!

I have had a very tough week.  Problems with Business partners, friends/those I care about, and just in general it has not been a good time.  With the events that have taken place I have questioned how  I contributed to the trying times.  What could I have done differently? 

Certainly I could have done things differently and I have had a part to play in the disastrous week I have had, but it is what it is.   We need to accept, go with what we believe is right, not undermine our own integrity, be fearless and deal with the consequences of our actions.  

You see as Ralph Emerson said, 'Whatever you do, you need courage. Whatever course you decide upon, there is always someone to tell you that you are wrong. There are always difficulties arising that tempt you to believe your critics are right.'  With this in mind I know I have to smile in the face of the critics (even though it is a bitter pill to swallow) and get on with it. 

To be honest I do this with relative ease.  I learnt a long time ago that it is ok to disagree with someone else's opinion.  It is ok to agree to differ.  In fact I prefer to go that route than invest my time into a diatribe of who is right and who is wrong. 

Personally my greatest fears are failing as a mother, loss of control/my faculties and loss of freedom. I fear them more than death, more than anything.   Other than that I try to live my life fearless.  If ever I get enraptured in fear and anxiety I counteract them with Love and positive vibes.  It sounds new age for sure, but it works for me. 

The thing is if I am paralysed by fear I lose control.  I don't like to be out of control.  Hence it stands to reason that I will do what it takes to be fearless.   I really believe that Osho was so right when he said 'Go with fearlessness. You have nothing to lose, and you have the whole universe to gain.'  Armoured with that in mind I approach things with a view that I have nothing to lose.

Try it.  It transforms you.  It transforms the way you conduct yourself.  You emit confidence and self assurance.  When faced with a fearful situation know it will be ok in the end and it usually is.

I don't fear failing, I learn from it.  I don't fear being wrong, I just know what is right next time, today is always the beginning of the rest of my life so one mistake made yesterday is a lesson learnt for tomorrow.

Admittedly this approach doesn't always instantly get the desired results.  Sometimes I go fearless and fall flat on my face.  When that happens I get up, sometimes have a cry, dust myself off and take that experience with me ensuring that I try to not repeat it.  However in the end it always works out for the best.

So in these trying times, I am not fearing the decisions made, the unexpected criticisms received, the curve balls thrown my way by those I care about.  I fear not as I have the whole universe to gain and it is ok for you to disagree with my approach, as I agree to differ.

Blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment