Pages

Monday 1 August 2011

Why Is It So Hard To Say No?

It's been a few days since I last blogged.  I have been really busy with Business stuff and starting a new job amongst other things.  It is all rather overwhelming.  Trying to be and do everything all the time is ridiculous!  Sometimes I wonder why I put myself through this, as it is, a choice.

I am trying to keep it together, juggling multiple things in unison, and for what?  For prolonged fatigue,  a ticket on the zzzzz train?  I have realised that I am over-commiting and it is not a good look.  Chinese classes, volunteering, full-time work, studying for an exam, blogging, Mother, Girlfriend, Employee, Baby sitting, keeping the home - it is too much!!  Yes, so many people do it I hear you say, but to their detriment.  I do not want to go out like that.

It is impossible to make an impact if you are plagued by exhaustion.  Running yourself into the ground is a sure way to an early grave.   So I have decided to cut back on some of the many things I am doing at once and focus on doing a smaller amount of things, and to do them well.  

The whole point is to be bliss, yawning in a meeting due to lack of sleep is not bliss.   Counting down the hours so the day is over and you can go to bed is not a good look.  I am supposed to be chasing a dream, not chasing a nightmare.  All this busyness is a nightmare.

In my aim to give more in value than what I receive in cash value, I need to reassess my game plan.  The impact I can have in my work, business, and home life can be so much more fulfilling if I focus more.  How do we manage?  Does it mean that by not being obsessed with busyness that we are not good enough?  

If that is the case, then I can accept not being good enough. It is time to say No.  

John Lennon said: 'Life is what happens to you when your busy making plans.'

I don't want to be so busy I miss the enjoyment of life.  I say it again - It is time to say No.  

Blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment