Pages

Thursday 25 August 2011

Release The Child Within

When was the last time you had fun?  When was the last time you laughed until you cried?
So many of us hardly have REAL fun anymore.  The thing is, we have no idea why. 

As a child, having fun was so easy.  Running around in circles until you collapsed with dizziness was enough to have you giggling with glee.  As a teenager, simple things like hanging out with friends, resulted in laughter and good times. 

As we age, seemingly we need to force ourselves to take things less seriously.  Lighthearted is an adjective so far removed from day-to-day life.  Why is this? We really need to loosen up and laugh. 

As the only way to have fun is by force, I am making a concerted effort to do so.  Last weekend I spent quality time with my friends.  We ate, watched movies, danced and laughed hard.  It was so great for the spirit.  I went home feeling blessed.

This weekend I will go out with friends and dance the night away.  What is worrying, is how much effort it takes to do so.  Do you know how many times I plan ahead to have fun and when the time comes, I make an excuse to stay at home and do something more boring instead?

However now that I am more mindful of how I conduct myself and the life I live, I realise that going through life on auto-pilot is not sustainable.  Ultimately, life is way too serious.  The bills, the kids, the relationships, the jobs.  They can all get quite intense. So to maintain an equilibrium, especially when times get tough, I think  it has to be about the merriment. 

Stop the chaos, have fun, and laugh loud like the child within.  Life is too short...

It's the game of life. Do I win or do I lose? One day they're gonna shut the game down. I gotta have as much fun and go around the board as many times as I can before it's my turn to leave.  Tupak Shakur

No comments:

Post a Comment